Terms & Conditions
1 Legal Drinking Age Notice
1.1 C&C Group plc (“C&C”, “we”, “our” or “us”) own [and have instructed a third party agency to] maintain and operate this internet site relating to Magners (the ‘Website’) for personal use for those of a legal age in your country, province, or state of residence (18 years or older in the United Kingdom) for the consumption of alcoholic beverages and in countries where the consumption of alcoholic beverages are permitted. Please exit this Website immediately if you are not of a legal age in your place of residence for consuming alcoholic beverages or are in a country where use of this Website is not permitted.
2 Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
2.1 Your access to and use of the Website and any Services referred to in Clause 3, is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website or Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website and/or Services you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website and any Services.
2.2 We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website and /or Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
3 The Services
3.1 The Website may provide communication tools such as bulletin boards, forums and/or other message or communication facilities (“the Services”) designed to enable you to communicate with others. Unless stated otherwise the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
3.2 You acknowledge and agree that the Services are public and not private communications.
3.3 We may make changes in the information and content included in this Website and any time without notice. We shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you may place on this Website or its contents.
4.2 Magners is registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner. We are compliant with the Act, so we are licensed to hold and process personal information and must comply with the Act for anything we do with it.
4.3 We will collect the name and email address of those persons who subscribe to email updates relating to Magners . These details will be stored on a server in the United Kingdom and will be used only for the express purpose of alerting subscribers, by email, of Magnersnews and developments. Other information we may ask for from time to time (for instance, when a user wishes to enter a contest or other promotional feature) includes full name, postcode and date of birth. We may also ask some further voluntary questions so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. Your responses will help us to personalise services for our users. We do not share this ‘additional’ information with third parties unless you have consented to this. Magners does not rent, trade or sell your personal information to others. Information collected is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
4.4 The information provided by you is not available for sale or use by third parties, including an advertiser, without that user’s explicit prior permission, except where a government, regulatory body or the law requires us to disclose your personal information. We collect information on our customers in two ways: through cookies and email registration. For more information about cookies, please see below. We also collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which type of users.
4.5 ‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are primarily used to store information about your preferences and other information which you may need when you visit a website. They also make it possible for us to identify registered users without needing to ask for registration details every time you access one of our websites. Using cookies makes accessing our sites more convenient as you don’t need to remember your username and password each time you enter.
4.7 If you are concerned about cookies, you can turn them off in your browser. However, if you do this please note that some areas of the site may not work properly.
4.8 You have a right under the Act to access the information we hold about you, subject to certain conditions. If at any time you wish to update or correct any personally identifiable information you have provided, or you no longer wish us to collect or use any personally identifiable information for the purposes described above, please contact us by clicking on the ‘Contact Us’ button on this site or write to us at:
161 Duke Street
If you are currently receiving one of our email alerts and no longer wish to do so, please click the “Unsubscribe” link which is included at the bottom of all our emails. If you wish to update the details we have on record for you, please contact us using our web form. If we do not hear otherwise from you, we will assume the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date and that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the personally identifiable information you provide to us about yourself or others for the purposes described above.
5 Surveys and Contests
5.1 From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as postcode and age). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes only. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
6.1 We appreciate hearing from our customers and welcome your comments regarding our products, including our on-line services. However, Magners company policy does not allow us to accept unpatented ideas, advertising or marketing suggestions, patent applications, models, prototypes, or any information written or oral, which you the submitter, regard as confidential (collectively referred to as ‘Unwanted Submissions’). While we do value your feedback on our services and products, we request that you be specific in your comments on those services and products, and not submit any Unwanted Submissions. If, at our request you send certain specific submissions (e.g. if you share a story with us, participate in chats, or post a message at the message board) or, despite our request that you not send us Unwanted Submissions, you send such Unwanted Submissions to us, such Unwanted Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property. None of such Unwanted Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such Unwanted Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to such Unwanted Submissions of every kind and nature throughout the universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the such Unwanted Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the submitter of such Unwanted Submissions.
7.1 Magners has taken reasonable measures (physical, organizational and technological) to safeguard against unauthorised access to your personally identifiable information (for example to ensure that email communications are only accessible by the designated recipients at Magners or their suppliers) and to safely store your personally identifiable information. However, the Internet is not a secure medium and the privacy of your communications and personal information can never be guaranteed. Magners has no control over the practices of third parties (e.g. website links to this Website, third-party sponsors or third parties who misrepresent themselves as you or someone else).
8 Acceptable Use
8.1 You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials (“the Content”), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent. Magners will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
8.2 In using the Website and/or Services you agree not to:
8.2.1 use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
8.2.2 post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
8.2.3 post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their sex, race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
8.2.4 threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
8.2.5 use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
8.2.6 promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol, or
8.2.7 make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
8.2.8 collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
8.2.9 advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
8.2.10 impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
8.2.11 violate any applicable laws or regulations;
8.2.12 use the Website or Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website or Services;
8.2.13 post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
8.2.14 attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website or Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
8.3 Magners are under no obligation to monitor, screen or sanction the Services but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove at any time and without notice any material that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
9.1 Magners have the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services or Website at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. Magners may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the Website or Services or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website or Services.
10 Links to Third Party Websites
10.1 The Website or Services may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Magners is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with the linked site, unless specifically stated therein. You acknowledge and agree that Magners has not reviewed all sites linked to this Website and is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites. Your linking to another off-site pages or other sites is at your own discretion and risk.
11 International Use
11.1 You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
12 Intellectual Property Rights
12.1 Magners is the owner of the intellectual property rights in this Website. The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Website you agree that the Magners name, logos and trademarks belong to Magners. By entering this Website you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark or service mark contained on this Website is owned or licensed by Magners and may not be used by you without prior written approval. You will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of Magners. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
12.2 Magners does not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
13.1 You agree to indemnify and hold Magners harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Magners by any third party arising out of your use of the Website, Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Magners in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
14 Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
14.1 Use of the Website and Services is at your own risk. The Website and Services are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
14.2 By entering this Website you acknowledge and agree that your use is at your own risk and that this Website, its owners, officers, directors, employees, or any of the parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Website are not liable for any damages whatsoever, including any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or special damages, or any other losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including legal fees, expert fees, or other disbursements) which may arise, directly or indirectly, regardless of whether or not such liability or damages arise in contract, tort, negligence, equity, statutorily, or otherwise, in any connection with the access to, the use of, or browsing of this Website or in connection with any content, information, data, promotions, activities, associated with this Website, or in connection with your downloading of any materials, text, data, images, video or audio from this Website, including but not limited to anything caused by any transmission defects, viruses, bugs, human action or inaction of any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or any other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections.
14.3 Magners makes no warranty that the Website or Services will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website or Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
14.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Magners for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Magners.
14.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
15.1 If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16 Governing Law
16.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you use this Website from another country, you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws. Magners, its affiliates and/or partners make no representation that the materials contained within this Website are appropriate for countries outside the United Kingdom.
When Time Bears Fruit Summer Promotion Terms & Conditions
Summary Terms & Conditions:
UK only. 18+. Opens 00:00 23rd March 2021 to 23.59 31st October 2021. No purchase necessary. Internet access required. To enter online instant win: Scan the QR code on participating Magners packs, on in-bar POS in participating venues, or visit magnerswin.co.uk and enter name, age, email address and postcode. Entrants will find out instantly if they have won. Max one entry and prize per person only. Prizes: 20x UK weekend cottage/cabin/lodge retreats & 1,005x home or garden items including HD TVs, home theatre projectors and Bluetooth speakers. First to enter on or after randomly allocated winning moment will win the prize allocated to that moment. Unclaimed prizes rollover to the next moment. 1,025 winning moments available across the promotional period. No guarantee all prizes will be won.Full terms: https://magners.co.uk/terms-conditions/.
Full Ts & Cs
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. Promoter: Magners GB Ltd, c/o Wellpark Brewery, 161 Duke Street, Glasgow G31 1JD
3. Eligibility: This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
4. Internet access required. Participants are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the internet. These costs may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. No purchase required.
5. No purchase necessary.
6. Max one entry and max one prize per person only.
7. Proof of ID may be requested for verification.
8. Promotion Period: The promotion will run from 00:00 23rd March 2021 to 23:59 31st October 2021. Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period will be automatically rejected.
9. How to enter: To enter online instant win: Scan the QR code on participating Magners packs or on in-bar POS in participating venues, or visit magnerswin.co.uk and enter name, age, email address and postcode. Entrants will find out instantly if they have won.
10. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. Incomplete, illegible, invalid, misdirected, or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
12. There are 1,025 prizes available. There are x20 luxury weekend retreats that will be arranged to suit the winner’s availability, the accommodation availability, and location with Handpicked Cottages Ltd. Retreat worth around £500 but this depends on location, timings and which accommodation is chosen. The secondary prizes include x10 George Foreman BBQ Grills (£79.99), 10x 32-inch HD TVs (£219), 25x Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen)(£49.99), 25x Tassimo Happy Coffee Machines (£113.46), 25x Home Theatre Projectors (£59.99), 210 x Globe String Lights (£14.99), 125x Home Solar/USB Mood Lights (£24.99), 125x JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speakers (£29.99), 200x Indoor Herb Garden Starters (£24.97), 125x £25 Bloombox Gift Cards and 125x £25 Desenio Gift Cards.
13. Luxury Weekend Retreats must be taken by the end of 2021. T&Cs specific to a chosen venue may apply, these will be provided to the winners prior to the prize being awarded. All retreats are subject to availability and certain dates may be excluded, for example Christmas. Travel insurance is not included. Weekend retreats are available in a range group sizes but all guests must be over 18. A list of available accommodation is available at https://www.handpickedcottages.co.uk/.
14. Bloombox Gift Card Terms and Conditions can be found here https://bloomboxclub.com/pages/faqs and the card will be valid until 22nd March 2022. The Terms and Conditions for the Desenio Gift Cards can be found here https://desenio.co.uk/en/terms-and-conditions-of-sale Point 6 and the card will be valid until 22nd March 2023.
15. No cash or other alternative prizes will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value. The prizes are non-transferable.
16. The prizes cannot be combined with other discounts, cashback activities or promotions. The prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods and services in whole or in part. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or voucher codes.
17. During the main promotional period, prizes have been randomly allocated and linked to ‘winning moments’ that have been randomly pre-selected and evenly distributed by a secure, independently-verified computer programme. First to enter on or after randomly allocated winning moment will win the prize allocated to that moment. There is a total of 1,025 winning moments available across the Promotion Period. Unclaimed prizes rollover to the next moment and be available to be won then. No guarantee all prizes will be won.
18. Entrants will see instantly on the website if they have won a prize. If they have won a prize, they will be emailed via the address provided on entry in order to arrange delivery of the prize within 28 days of winner confirmation and the completion of any verification process. The winner will provide their full address at this point. The prizes (apart from the cabin retreat and gift cards) will be delivered via Fedex. If they have won a cabin retreat, they will be emailed in order to arrange the trip that will be booked to take place in 2021. If they have won a giftcard prize, this will be emailed to them via the email address provided on entry. It is the responsibility of entrants to check junk/SPAM to ensure they are in receipt of any communications. If an entrant does not claim their prize, are ineligible or rejects the prize, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw the prize allocation and reallocate the prize to the remaining prize pool.
19. If delivery or any element of this Promotion is delayed or affected due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting Government restrictions, all entrants/winners affected will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotional dates, revised delivery dates or prizes.
20. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and acceptance of a prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
21. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes or the use of multiple devices are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
22. The Promoter will make available a list of main prize winners’ surnames and counties to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of address and ID which the entrant must provide within 28 days. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where an entrant is believed to have exceeded their entry allowance or there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
24. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
25. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
26. The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the Promotion.
27. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. These Terms and Conditions and any related disputes are subject to interpretation under the laws of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts.
30. This promotion is administered by Multiply UK, 1 Lochrin Terrace, Edinburgh EH3 9QA, Scotland on behalf of the Promoter.
32. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information and consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the UK Chief Medical Officers’ Low Risk Drinking Guidelines that are available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/alcohol-consumption-advice-on-low-risk-drinking.
Magners Testimonial Social Competition
Summary T’s & C’s
Open to residents of the United Kingdom only. 18+. Competition opens 4pm Friday 17th September 2021 and ends 11.59pm Sunday 26th September 2021.
To enter the competition, entrants must comment on the competition post on Magners Facebook, Twitter or Instagram channels, and tell us their favourite Magners memory. Winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries by Magners (or the ‘promoter’ i.e. C&C / Tennent Caledonian Breweries Limited). The winners will each receive their choice of either 12 x 568ml Magners Original Cider or 12 x 330ml Magners Rosé Cider, and a Magners Pint Glass. All entrants must be over 18. Multiple entries are permitted however winners can only win one prize per person. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Internet access required. No purchase necessary.
Full terms at https://magners.co.uk/terms-conditions/
Full T’s & C’s
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Tennent Caledonian Breweries UK Ltd, Wellpark Brewery, 161 Duke Street, Glasgow Gs31 1JD.
- The promotion is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agencies or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Internet access required and entrants must have an active email account.
- Multiple entries are permitted however winners can only win one prize per person.
- The winner must be over the age of 18, proof of ID may be required at delivery.
- The promotional period will run from 4pm Friday 17th September 2021 and ends 11.59pm Sunday 26th September 2021. Entries outside of this period will not be accepted.
- To enter the competition, entrants must comment on the competition post on The Magners official Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page, telling us their favourite Magners memory.
- Winner selection: Competition winners will be selected at random from all valid entries.
- Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any entry:
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards) or;
- contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code.
- Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Ten (10) winners will each win a prize consisting of:
o Their choice of either 12 x 568ml Magners Original Cider or 12 x 330ml Magners Rosé Cider, and a Magners Pint Glass.
o Prizes are non-transferable.
o The competition is open over 18s only.
- No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or part of the prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable and must not be offered for resale.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.
Winner Selection & Notification
- The winners of the prizes will be selected at random by the Promoter as well as at least one judge who is independent from the Promoter from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period.
Winner selection will take place on Monday 27th at 11am.
- All winners will be notified by the Promoter via the social media account used on entry within 24 hours of the competition ending. In the event a reply to claim a prize is not received by the Promoter within 48 hours of first notification, the prize is rejected or the winner is ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to another entrant selected using the same methodology as above. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim each prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their social media connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- After the required information has been provided and the completion of any verification process the Promoter will contact the winner to arrange fulfilment of the prize. All winners will receive their prize via delivery courier.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance. Information required from winners includes a delivery address for prize fulfilment, as well as their first name and location (nearest town or city) to be used alongside their competition entry comment for Magners marketing purposes.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- In particular, the Promoter does not assume any responsibility, liability, loss, or damage sustained as a result of or in connection with this promotion:
- for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise;
- where there is no breach of any legal duty of care owed to the participant;
- where any loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of breach of any such duty of care;
- where any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these Terms and Conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
- for business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. In the event this promotion is affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and associated Scottish Government restrictions, the Promoter will update all winners in regards any necessary changes to the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of ID (passport of driving licence) and address which the entrant must provide within 7 days. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or
refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter will make available a list of winners’ surnames and counties to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- The winners will be requested to take part in reasonable publicity, at the option of the Promoter, with no further recompense.
- The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
- The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of Scotland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.