Magners NYC Promo Terms & Conditions
GB. 18+. Draw closes 20.12.18. Purchase a pint or bottle of Magners Original, Pear or Dark Fruit from a participating outlet or ask bar staff to receive one scratchcard and text your unique code found under the scratch away panel with your name to 81400. Standard network rates apply. Only one scratchcard per person per day. Keep scratchcard. 1,360,500 scratchcards available for whole promotion, winners chosen by winning moments algorithm. Prizes: 20 x 3-night weekend break to New York City for 2 adults 15-18 March 2019 (flights from London, hotel B&B, transfers from NYC airport to the hotel plus St Patricks Day activities on Sunday 17th March included. Exclusions apply.) All runners up will receive a £20 off discount voucher to book flight+hotel packages on lastminute.com (from Flight+Hotel tab of the website, terms apply). Voucher expires 30/04/19. In partnership with lastminute.com. Full terms at www.Magners.co.uk.
Full Ts & Cs
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions and to their details being communicated to third parties including but not limited to the Promoter’s agency for the purposes of this promotion. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Magners GB Ltd, c/o Wellpark Brewery, 161 Duke Street, Glasgow G31 1JD.
- Eligibility: The promotion is open to GB residents (England, Wales and Scotland) aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, C&C Group, its agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants, associates or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- Promotional Period: The promotion starts and codes are valid for entry from 00.01 on 16th July 2018 to 23.59 on 20th December 2018 (Closing Date).
- Entry Requirements: Entry to the promotion is by mobile only. Buy a pint or bottle of Magners Original, Pear or Dark Fruit or ask bar staff to receive an entry card and scratch to reveal the promotional code Text the code plus your FULL NAME, ensuring there is a space in between the code and your name to 81400 to enter a draw to win a trip to New York City via winning moments. Standard network rates apply, typically 10p to 12p. Texts may not be included in any bundle of free texts, text package and/or talk plan. Please check with your network operator. Please ensure you have the permission of the person who pays the mobile bill before entering via text.
- You must purchase a promotional pint or bottle of Magners Original, Pear or Dark Fruit or ask bar staff to receive a scratchcard to enter the promotion and you must keep your scratchcard in order to claim the prize if you are a winner.
- Entrants are advised to take care when submitting an entry; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes and incorrect texts may still be charged. Only correctly submitted entries will be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, text entries featuring spelling mistakes will be disqualified. Capital or lowercase letters will both be accepted. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered but may still be charged.
- Only one entry per person per day will be allowed during the promotional period. Any additional entries may still be charged by the network operator, but will not have a chance to win. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using multiple mobile phones or other devices to circumvent this condition or using a computer(s) by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- All entrants into promotion will receive a message via SMS to confirm their entry. Consumers will not be charged for receiving the confirmation SMS and should receive this confirmation text within 5 minutes. From time to time, this may take longer due to operator traffic which is beyond the Promoter’s control.
- Winner Selection: Prizes have been pre-allocated and randomly assigned to guaranteed winning time slots via a secure, independently verified computer-based program. If your time of entry matches the guaranteed winning slot or you are the first person to enter after the time slot has passed, then you will win the prize allocated to that time and will be notified instantly by reply text. There are 1,360,500 scratchcards issued during the promotion.
- Winner Notification: The winners of the trip will receive a reply text to notify their winning entry. They will then be notified by phone call via the number they used to enter, to confirm within 14 calendar days of the winning moment.
- How to claim: All winners will be required to provide their full name as per passport, their date of birth and gender for them and their guest. Once the prize has been accepted winners will have 30 calendar days to provide these details. In the event that a winner’s details are not provided within 30 days after notification, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw prize entitlement. Such prizes will not be reallocated.
- Prize: 20 x 3-night holiday to New York City for 2 adults on 15th -18th March 2019 only. Dates are non-transferable. Includes return standard class travel for 2 from London Heathrow to New York JFK airport including private return transfers from JFK airport to the hotel. 3 nights’ accommodation will be based on one room only, double or twin. Breakfast included. Plus St Patrick’s Day activities on Sunday 17th March 2019, New York.
- The prize package must be taken as a whole, flights and hotels cannot be redeemed separately. The Winner and their guest must travel together on the same flight to the prize destination and stay in the same hotel.
- Winner and guest will be responsible for own travel insurance, VISA/ESTA applications, travel to and from departure airport / train station and all other personal expenses.
- Winner and guest must have a valid passport; from a country which is not under any US restrictions and the passport must have at least 6 months validity left on date of travel. All passport holders who require a visa or ESTA for this destination, should arrange this at their own expense.
- Winner and guest must have prior authorisation to enter the United States, either through a visa, a Permanent Resident Card, or the Visa Waiver Programme. Restrictions apply depending on the type of passport you hold, your nationality, criminal history, and countries you may have recently visited.
- The winner and guest must be 18 years of age or older.
- All experience locations, bookings, travel (including flights), events, activities, hotels and any other goods and services are subject to the availability at the time of booking. Terms and conditions of the carriers apply.
- The prize is pre-booked for Friday 15th – Monday 18th March 2019 and dates are non-transferable. The prize is not transferable, must not be offered for resale, and cannot be postponed to a later date.
- Free Gift with Purchase: All other entrants will receive a discount voucher to claim £20 off flight+hotel packages at lastminute.com (from “Flight+Hotel” tab only). Upon entering the promotion losers will receive a reply with a 13 alphanumeric characters PIN code and instructions to enter at http://discount.lastminute.com to claim by 28/02/2019.
- Runner up Prizes cannot be swapped for an alternative. The PIN code has to be registered by 28/02/2019 in order to receive the voucher code to book the Flight+Hotel package.
- Customers are directed to the website (http://discount.lastminute.com/) where they register the generic PIN code given at time of entry and fill in the compulsory fields (name, surname, sex, age, city, email address, telephone number). After customers enter this information and click the ‘Register’ button, they will receive an email to the address entered in the form, which will include the discount voucher code of £20 valid to book a Flight+Hotel package on www.lastminute.com with all the information to use it.
- The voucher is only valid for use on our website www.lastminute.com section “Flight + Hotel” and not for the holiday packages included on the website www.lastminute.com section “Holidays”.
- The voucher is to be used by 30/04/2019.
- The voucher cannot be sold. The voucher cannot be combined with other discounts, cashback activities or promotions. The voucher is not refundable, it cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods and services.
- In the event of an entrant’s mobile number changing or the mobile phone being lost, stolen or damaged, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new mobile number.
- The winner will be the owner of the mobile phone number that the text entry has been sent from. No other individual is eligible to claim the prize.
- There are no cash or other alternative prizes available, in whole or part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value.
- Sending a text is not proof of receipt of entry. An SMS confirmation will be sent to you upon receipt of your entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any messages that are lost or delayed, or which are unable to be sent back due to lack of network coverage, operator or network error, or for any other reason beyond its control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in all matters pertaining to the promotion.
- The winners agree to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
- For a list of winners’ full names and their counties, please visit www.magners.co.uk within 3 months of the closing date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 calendar days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by Scottish law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- Data Protection: